If you love arranging Easter egg hunts each year, follow our top tips for the best Easter egg hunt.
- Be prepared by purchasing your Easter eggs and any fillers early, so you don’t have to worry that about them last-minute. Even better, buy your supplies when they are on clearance after Easter in preparation for the next year.
- Choose the right size eggs for the age of the child, as some plastic eggs can present a choking hazard.
- Designate an area for your Easter egg hunts to prevent children from wandering off and so they know where to look for their goodies.
- Ditch sugary treats entirely by filling eggs with other items such as small toys or even close to a bigger prize.
- Make sure you hide enough extra each participant as there’s nothing more disappointing than an Easter egg hunt that ends too soon.
- Hide the eggs in age-appropriate places based on the child’s abilities and height. For example, a 10-year-old will get bored searching for eggs hidden in the grass, but a three-year-old wouldn’t be capable of climbing a tree safely.
- Hide one or two special eggs that entitle the finder to an even bigger prize so everyone will be searching for those special eggs.