Think of how frequently you use your teeth and you’ll realise why good dental health is vitally important, and it safeguards your smile! The idea of good dental health is to remove the build-up of plaque on your teeth regularly because it contains bacteria that can infect your teeth and gums. We’ve listed some do’s and don’ts to refresh your oral hygiene routine.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes each time.
- Eat breakfast before you brush your teeth in the morning because it prompts saliva production, helping to wash away and neutralise bacteria.
- Visit Casey Dental regularly for your check-ups and cleanings.
- Scrub your teeth too hard because you will damage your tooth enamel.
- Assume you have good dental health just because you don’t have any discomfort or pain. Regular check-ups help to detect any problems before they cause symptoms and at a stage when they are much easier to treat.
- Skip your regular brushing and flossing routine because plaque on your teeth will quickly harden into calculus or tartar, which cannot be removed by regular brushing.
Please don’t forget that we can provide lots of useful information and advice about how to improve your regular oral hygiene routine.