This salmon recipe is easy and healthy, and it creates a tasty lemon basil sauce.
680g salmon sliced into 6 fillets
2tbsp lemon juice
1 handful finely chopped basil
1 crushed garlic clove
6tbsp melted butter
6 lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil, and lightly oil with a non-stick cooking spray. Place salmon fillets on foil.
- Combine garlic, juice, butter, basil and salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl, thoroughly mixing until combined.
- Pour half of this sauce over the salmon fillets, reserving the rest for later. Place a lemon slice on each fillet. Close the foil over the salmon fillets, making a packet.
- Bake salmon for 15 minutes then open the foil packet and pour the remaining sauce over the fillets.
- Broil the fillets on high for 5-7 minutes, until the salmon just begins to brown. Remove and serve immediately.