Halloween is just around the corner, and this recipe has only two ingredients, is fun and easy to prepare. Using fresh oranges provides plenty of vitamin C which is good for gum health.
2 x 85g packets raspberry jelly crystals
6 large oranges
- Follow the packet instructions to make the jelly and pour into a medium bowl. Refrigerate the jelly for 15 minutes until cooled but not set.
- While the jelly is setting, cut a 3 cm slice from the top of each orange and reserve. Cut another slice from the base of each orange, removing just enough from the base, so the orange sits flat.
- Use a spoon to remove all the flesh from inside the oranges, leaving only the pith and rind. Carefully cut a decorative zigzag pattern around the top edge of each orange and place on a tray.
- Pour jelly into each orange and refrigerate until set, for approximately three hours.
- Decorate the orange by cutting a nose and eyes into the skin, making sure you remove the rind and pith but take care not to cut into the jelly. Top each orange with the reserved 3 cm slice.