This recipe is packed full of veggies and lean beef, and the rolls are lightly pan-fried in a little olive oil.
500g low-fat beef mince
3tbsp soy sauce
500g packet of frozen spring roll pastry
1tbsp Chinese Five Spice powder
Olive oil for frying
Sweet chilli sauce for serving
1 packet rainbow salad mix or use your own mix of broccoli, beetroot, and carrot
- Defrost spring roll wrappers and heat a non-stick pan and brown the mince until fat is rendered. Drain off excess fat.
- Add vegetables, five spice powder and soy sauce to mince and cook until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Allow mixture to cool while you separate the spring roll wrappers.
- Take a spring roll wrapper with one corner facing you and fill it with a couple of tablespoons of filling leaving enough room for. Carefully fold in the side corners and tightly roll the spring roll into a log shape.
- Heat some olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and gently cook each spring roll on each side until golden and crunchy. Serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce.